Here are some fun facts to help you get through the day and look like the most knowledgeable person at the water cooler…
Fun (and less fun) facts:
- Silverfish can survive without food for over 300 days if water is available.
- There hasn’t been a president with facial hair since William Howard Taft from 1908 to 1912. . he had a mustache.
- Popcorn in a movie theater costs more per ounce than filet mignon.
- 10% of Canadians visit Florida each year.
- For almost every species on Earth, once females are no longer able to give birth, they DIE. There are only three exceptions: killer whales, pilot whales and humans.
(Penn State / Bro Council / ABC News / Politifact / London Times)
Weird and trending news:
- There’s a new list of foods that kids are picky about, and the top five are: Brussels sprouts. . . mushrooms . . . Olives. . . onions . . . and prawns. A few others on the list are: Couscous. . . peas . . . and eggs. (Full story)
- In a survey, 20% of Millennials say they learned LAUNDRY by reading tips on social media and watching tutorials. (Full story)
- A Connecticut auto mechanic found a large art collection in a dumpster in 2017. Today, an expert says they’re worth “millions” of dollars. (Full story)
- A restaurant in Alabama sells 24-karat gold chicken wings. Depending on the menu, a wing will set you back $19.99. The combined accord of golden wings. . . 12 wings, fries and a drink. . . is $99. (Full story)
- A woman in Alabama says she is suing a construction company after she mistakenly demolished her grandparents’ house earlier this year. No one was there at the time, luckily. (Full story)
- British police are looking for a MAYONNAISE thief. He reportedly fled with a shopping cart full of Hellmann’s. (Full story)
- The TSA recently arrested a man at a Boston airport security checkpoint. . . because he had a SWORD in his CANE. He told them that he had recently bought the cane and he didn’t know there was a sword in it. (Full story)
- There was a MASSIF cheese theft in the Netherlands last month. (Full story)