Did you know that Americans watch the most television? Of course we do – with around 300 different networks and streaming services churning out so many original shows, it would literally be impossible to find enough time to watch them all.
But we will try. According to a study, people in North America watch more television than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is FAR above the global average of just under three hours.
The study also revealed that American TV shows are the most popular in the world. British shows are second. You can celebrate our success with a stunning new television.
From Friday 29 July to Sunday 31 July 2022
- Fridays at 8:00 p.m. on CBS: The premiere of the second season of “Secret Celebrity Makeover”. Billy Gardell renovates his best friend’s mother’s house.
- Friday at 10:00 p.m. on CMT: “CMT Campfire Sessions: Clay Walker and Tracy Lawrence”.
- Friday on Netflix: The Series Premiere “Decoupled”, starring Neil Patrick Harris as a gay man in his 40s who is forced to start dating again after his longtime boyfriend suddenly dumps him. Tisha Campbell plays her best friend.
- Friday on Paramount Plus: “Honor Society”a romantic comedy starring Gaten Matarazzo from “Stranger Things”as a lonely nerd targeted by an ambitious classmate who sees him as a threat to his college goals. She is played by Angourie Rice, aka Betty Brant in the “Spider Man”movies. (Trailer)
- Friday on Netflix: “Purple Heart”, starring Sofia Carson and Nicholas Galitzine as a couple who agree to fake a marriage so they can collect their health insurance benefits. But their love becomes real after he is injured in battle. (Trailer)
- Friday on Apple TV+: The series premiere “Surface”, a thriller starring Gugu Mbatha-Raw as an amnesiac trying to piece together her memories after a brain injury and learning that she had attempted suicide. (Trailer)
- Friday on Amazon: the series premiere “Paper Girls”, a sci-fi thriller about four children who accidentally time travel from 1988 to 2019, then work with their futures to save the world and find a way back home. (Trailer)
- Friday on Hulu: “Not good”starring Zoey Deutsch as someone so desperate that she claims to have survived a terrorist attack after faking a vacation in Europe on Instagram just before a bombing in Paris.
Friday night late night talk shows:
- “Jimmy Fallon”– Ryan Gosling, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Pete Lee. (Repeat)
- “Jimmy Kimmel”– David Spade, Maria Bakalova and Whitney join guest host Dana Carvey. (Repeat)
- “Stephane Colbert”– Chris Hayes and Jack White. (Repeat)
- “James Cordon”– Sheryl Crow and Rhea Seehorn. (Repeat)
- “Seth Meyers”– Issa Rae and Nikki Glaser. (Repeat)
- Saturday at 7:00 p.m. on Nick: The premiere of the third season of “Are you scared of the dark?”.
- Sunday at 8:00 p.m. on ABC: “Celebrity Family Feud”. Boyz II Men vs. Amber Ruffin and Joe Lo Truglio vs. Thomas Lennon.
- Sunday at 8:00 p.m. on the CW: The sixth season finale of “Riverdale”.
- Sunday at 9:00 p.m. on ABC: “$100,000 Pyramid”. Tayshia Adams versus Matt James and Wendi McLendon-Covey versus Thomas Lennon.
- Sunday at 10:00 p.m. on Showtime: The premiere of the third season of “City on a Hill”.