Did you know that Americans watch the most television? Of course we do – with around 300 different networks and streaming services churning out so many original shows, it would literally be impossible to find enough time to watch them all.
But we will try. According to a study, people in North America watch more television than anyone else in the world. We watch an average of four hours and three minutes a day, which is FAR above the global average of just under three hours.
The study also revealed that American TV shows are the most popular in the world. British shows are second. You can celebrate our success with a stunning new television.
Thursday, May 5, 2022
- The first in the series of “The Pentaverate” on Netflix. It stars Mike Myers as a Canadian journalist trying to uncover the truth about the world’s oldest and most influential secret society, which is also played by Mike Myers. The rest of the cast includes Ken Jeong, Keegan-Michael Key, and Rob Lowe. (Trailer)
- “Halo” on Paramount Plus.
- The second season finale of “Picard” on Paramount Plus.
- The first in the series of “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” on Paramount Plus.
This “Star Trek: Discovery” the spinoffs are based on the years Christopher Pike commanded the Enterprise. It stars Anson Mount as Captain Pike, Rebecca Romijn as Number One, and Ethan Peck as his science officer Spock. (Trailer)
- The premiere of the second season of “Girls5eva” on Peacock.
- The first in the series of “Wild Babies” on Netflix. Helena Bonham Carter narrates a nature series about baby lions, elephants, penguins and other creatures. (Trailer)
- The second season of “Dragons: The Nine Kingdoms” on Hulu and Peacock.
- “The Staircase” on HBO Max. A limited series starring Colin Firth as the prime suspect in the suspicious death of his wife, Toni Collette. It is inspired by the true story of Michael and Kathleen Peterson. (Trailer)
- “Clark” on Netflix. A subtitled limited series about the guy Stockholm Syndrome is named after. It stars Bill Skarsgard as Clark Olofsson, a criminal who bonded with hostages during an infamous Swedish bank robbery in the early 70s. (Trailer)
Tonight’s schedule also includes “Walker”, “Station 19”and “Law and order” at 8:00 p.m. . . “Legacies”, “Grey’s Anatomy”and “Law and Order: SVU” at 09:00 a.m. . . and “Big Sky” and “Law and Order: Organized Crime” at 10:00 p.m.
Tonight’s late night talk shows:
- “Jimmy Fallon”– Chris Pratt, Benedict Wong and Ingrid Andress.
- “Jimmy Kimmel”– Kevin Hart and Hannah Einbinder join guest host Mike Birbiglia.
- “Stephane Colbert”– Daniel Craig, Matt Walsh and Joy Oladokun.
- “James Cordon”– Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen and Tom Walker.
- “Seth Meyers”– Hugh Jackman, Sutton Foster and Ali Wentworth.